I love talking about being a professional photographer, and I can help you advance toward your dream. I’ll share everything about how I run my business. Depending on what session you choose, we’ll cover as much as possible about:
- How to set up a studio (pitfalls and best practices)
- Building a fabulous portfolio
- Studio wardrobes
- How to attract clients
- Working with clients
- Posing techniques
- Systems and Workflows
- Retouching & Printing
- Packaging & follow-up with clients
- Branding yourself in your market
- How to create gorgeous studio and promotional materials (logo, business cards, gift cards, vouchers, etc.)
- Building confidence about pricing and in-person sales
- Realistic goal setting
Online or at my Issaquah studio
2 hours for $400
4 hours for $650
For more information on booking a custom-designed mentoring session, specific to your needs, please fill out this form and I will invite you to book a complimentary consultation with me prior to booking your mentoring session with me.
Portfolio Building Photoshoot
Spend the entire day with me in my Issaquah, Washington, studio learning how I run a professional photoshoot, and creating your own gorgeous portfolio-worthy portraits. You’ll be working with a two models and my hair & makeup artist. It’s a full day from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. and we cover a lot of ground. If you’re passionate about being a portrait photographer, you’re going to be blown away!
- Preparing for your client’s arrival
- How to treat your client like a queen for the day
- Setting up your first studio with equipment and lighting
- Various poses and tips for how to make your client feel relaxed and happy
- How to style on the fly- You’ll have full use of my extensive wardrobe of designer gowns and gorgeous jewelry
- Choosing the best backdrops- You’ll have all my backdrops at your fingertips, including my huge flower wall backdrop and two gorgeous hand-painted Oliphant backdrops, plus lots more
- How to narrow down your final shots for retouching
- My retouching workflow
- Backing up your files and how to send them to the printer or print them yourself
- Preparing images for the photo reveal wall
- You will leave with a memory card full of images that you can retouch and publish. Once you finish retouching the rest of your final images, I’ll review them and give you feedback on each image.
- You’ll also have a “before” photo of the model, so you can design your own “Before & After” for your portfolio.
- Throughout the day, I’ll be shooting behind-the-scenes photos and videos that you can use on your website and social media.
- You’ll be overflowing with inspiration and loads of information on how to go forward in your business.
For more information on booking a portfolio building photoshoot with me, please fill out this form and I will invite you to book a complimentary consultation with me prior to booking your photoshoot.
Fee: $3000 for one photographer or $4000 for two (then you can split the cost between both of you)!